Immediately after your accident has occurred, you should report it to RiskPoint. We will do everything in our power to help you with efficient claims handling. First of all, we need some information from you about the accident severity, time and place, any acute conditions, data on the aircraft, the pilot, the sequence of events and more.
In connection with the review of your aircraft damage, you must enclose the following documents:
- The pilot’s license
- Medical certificate
- Airworthiness Review Certificate (ARC)
- A copy of the notification to Aviation Accident Investigating Board.
Immediately after the accident
In addition to report your damage to us as soon as possible, there are several things you need to take action on:
- Take photos of the scene as well as photos of the damage and the damaged parts for use as evidence.
- Immediately report the accident to the appropriate aviation authorities and obtain their consent to remove the aircraft from the site.
- Do not make any kind of confession or statement of responsibility until you have discussed the situation with us. Withdraw no substitutes and pay no bills. Refer instead to your insurance and your insurance company.
- Following the accident, do not even perform any kind of repair work on the plane. You should not put others in the process of repairing the plane until you have discussed it with us. Let the plane remain in the state it is, after the accident.
On the scene
Contact us immediately after the accident, so we can guide you best. As soon as we are in dialogue with you, we can help you with harm minimization and claims handling. If possible let the aircraft remain at the scene until our claims adjuster or surveyor has been on the site. If the plane’s location precludes other air traffic, it should be removed as soon as possible. You should immediately contact the appropriate aviation authorities such as the AAIB and get their assessment. It is also the AAIB whom must give you permission to remove the plane. Secure the aircraft in best possible way on the ground to prevent further damage. Talk to us before you start cleaning up at the scene. In most cases we can help you effectively organize the cleanup.
The best claims handling
The first time after the accident may seem chaotic – and it’s not unusual that you are in some kind of shock. We do our best to take care of your situation and provide you with an efficient claims handling. You can submit your claim online or call us. In any case, you must report your claim online by filling out a claims form. Once we have received your claim, our Claims department will open a file, and 24 hours after we received your claim, you will get an official acknowledgment of receipt. Our office is open on weekdays between 08.30 to 16.00, but you can reach us by phone around the clock, tel. +45 44 45 21 22. We need to collect and process a
series of data. During claims handling we will contact the parties involved, and make sure we have all needed information to proceed with the claims process.
Effective claims management is a critical component of every risk management program. The nature of your operations can result in claims that are complicated to adjust, creating a greater need for the expertise of our in-house claims professionals.
Along the way we work with a number of professionals such as attorneys, claims adjuster and surveyors. It may take time, but you should know that we do everything in our power to ensure a quick and efficient process.
It’s when a loss occurs that you really need your insurer to act. Fast claims services and efficient claims handling is essential to help you resume your operations and manage your day-to-day business as quickly as possible